Things To Know About Dandeli
Mentioned as the adventure capital of South India, Dandeli is synonymous to peace and adventure. Located in the rocky trails of the Western Ghats, Dandeli is a splendid city of Karnataka. This place is situated at an altitude of 1551 ft above sea-level.
Dandeli is made up of trails and green environment. The beauty of this place resides significantly in the adventurous hikes and beauty of Western Ghats. The untouched green landscapes house a staggering range of flora and fauna. Apart from the adventurous activities, there are several historical places including Ulavi temple, ancient caves of Kavla, and much more.
An integral part of the Western Ghats, Dandeli is home to colossal mountains, nature reserves, and fascinating wildlife. This place is an incredible destination for every kind of travellers. You can head on to the Kali river for a range of watersports, then, stop by Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, or hike on to the Syntheri rocks and engulf the maddening peace and beauty of the Western Ghats; Dandeli is a complete package of fun, peace, and adventures.
There are plenty of activities to do in Dandeli. If your interests are inclined towards adventurous hiking trips, then you should explore the Syntheri Rocks in the city. Or, feel the adrenaline rush at Kali River while participating in Whitewater rafting, Boat rides, and Kayaking. End your day by relishing the therapeutic Natural Jacuzzi and soaking in nature’s beauty while staying in tents. Moreover, you can also embark on a wildlife safari to spot exotic wildlife at Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary.
Dandeli’s climate is subtropical, with a major influence of the Western Ghats on it. Temperatures can stay between 20 and 42 degrees Celsius. The closeness to the Arabian Sea affects the weather of this place. The post-monsoon season, October to January is the best time to travel to Dandeli. Temperature from September to November is also pleasant as it starts to cool down.
Dandeli being situated in the lap of nature, you would come across a lot of serene places to visit. We have created a list for you of the best tourist spots in Dandeli:
1. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary (A wonderful getaway to enjoy some time in the company of lush green forests and wild animals)
2. River Kali (The river has its origins in the Uttara Kannada district of Karnataka and offers a memorable escape for the adventure lovers)
3. Kaval Caves (Believed to be as old as prehistoric times and made of volcanic origins, these caves can be found in the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary)
4. Syntheri Rocks (These boast of spectacular natural beauty that is made up of volcanic rocks with the River Kaneri passing by its side)
5. Shiroli Peak (It is a great place to capture one of the most amazing views of the sunset of your life)
6. Anshi National Park (it is the only place in whole of Asia where you can spot the black panther)
1. White water rafting: River rafting in Kali River is a must try in Dandeli. The rafting will start from Ganeshgudi and will end up in Maulangi. You can go rafting from 9 in the morning and continue for 3 hours at a stretch. The charges for rafting vary at times, though it is round Rs. 1500 for a person.
2. Kayaking: Another adventure-filled water sport is kayaking in the white waters of river Kali. You will be given a canoe and you are good to go. Don’t miss the chance to visit small islands while kayaking. Isn’t that thrilling?
3. Trekking: You will fall in love with the forests of Dandeli if you are a trekker. The Dandel Forest offer a fantastic and trilling trekking experience. You will witness amazing flora and fauna throughout the walk. Charge for trekking is Rs.250 per person.
4. Jaccuzi Bath: Never heard of it? This is a natural and therapeutic bath you must enjoy in River Kali. Relax your mind in the pure waters of the river and enjoy your tour to the fullest.
5. Riding a Coracle: Another adventure in Dandeli is riding a coracle. Coracle is a saucer-shaped ride used for river navigation. Get in to one with your family and enjoy the ride, watching the thick wild vegetation on the banks of the river. You will notice various birds and animals too.
6. Zip line: If you are addicted with speed, you must try your hands on zip line. You will be hung to a rope tied to two mountain peaks apart in an inclined position and you will glide down towards the lower one.
7. Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Uttar Kannada district of Karnataka, this national park was made a part of the AnshiDandeli Tiger Reserve. You can’t miss Open jeep safari in this national park. This place is famous for bird-watching. You will encounter a variety of hornbills. Don’t forget your binoculars. Another animal you can’t afford to miss seeing is crocodile.
8. Zorbing Ball: Not many places in India offer you this amazing adventure watersport of zorbing. Luckily, river kali does. You will be put inside a light weight, huge transparent ball and you have to walk inside the ball on water. This sport requires good physical fitness.
9. Kulgi Camp: Situated inside the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, the Kulgi Nature Camp is amidst pristine lush greens. There are 12 tents named after birds as this place is ideal for bird watching.
10. Kavala Caves: Situated inside thick forest, these limestone caves are amazing to see. You will get to see a “Shivling” inside the cave. Locals worship this during the shivratri. You can reach the caves after a flight of around 380 stairs. You need to crawl down to enter these caves.
11. Shiroli Mountain Peak: This beautiful peak is located inside the Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary. It is one of the highest peaks in Karnataka. The views from the peak are breath-taking which includes the lofty Sahyadri Range. If you love trekking, this place is your paradise. This peak is also known as the sunset view point. You need to seek permission from the concerned authorities before trekking.
Dandeli is widely famous for its tourist attractions such as Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, Kavala Caves, Shiroli Peak, River Kali, and Shivaji Fort. It is also popular for its adventure offerings starting from nature tours to trekking expeditions.
Dandeli is a natural habitat for wildlife, including tigers, leopards, black panthers, elephants, gaur, deer, antelopes, and bears. It is the second-largest wildlife sanctuary in Karnataka and was designated as a tiger reserve in 2007. Bangalore to Dandeli distance is 460 kms. One can reach Dandeli from by the following mentioned transport options:
1. By Road: If you prefer taking the road to reach Dandeli from Bangalore, you can either take your car or take a bus for the same. A lot of buses operate on this route at various price ranges making it very convenient for travelers.
2. By Train: Dandeli does not have a train station, and the nearest railway stations are Alnavar(32 km), Londa (48 km) and Dharwad (57km) away from Dandeli. From there you can catch a cab to the prime adventure spots.
3. By Flight: Dandeli does not have an airport, the closest airport being Hubli which is 75 kms away. You can catch a cab or a local bus from there to reach Dandeli.
Yes, river rafting in Dandeli is quite safe. The activity is undertaken under the guidance of skilled and professional rafters. These people supervise the activity by taking care of the participants and helping you manoeuvre through the rapids and meanders of the river.
The distance between Goa to Dandeli is approximately 115 km by road. Dandeli is situated in Uttar Kannada district in the Western Ghats region. The fastest and convenient way to reach Dandeli from Goa is to hail a taxi.
You can easily visit Goa after exploring Dandeli. After exploring the niceties of Dandeli, visitors usually extend their trip to Goa. Also, the availability of transportation is more convenient and easier at Goa.
Dandeli Kingfisher Jungle Stay is completely different experience and for many, it’s the best way to get a feel for a place. Dandeli has several options, each promising comfort and a home away from home.
Dandeli Kingfisher Resort offers you Dandeli Adventure Package All inclusive . Includes Accommodation, Food and Activities. Great economic adventure Dandeli Packages, Jungle Resort Packages. Dandeli River rafting packages, one night, two night resort holiday packages, Adventure Dandeli resorts packages are most selling best packages in our Jungle resort available for booking..
FAQ : BOOKING PROCEDURE AND OTHER DETAILS
Ans : You can submit our query Form to get package details and availability, or request us on Whats app 08971957890.
Ans : Vehicle will be provided at Extra Cost.
Ans : Once you receive details through mail or whats-app and if our packages are satisfied then you can send confirmation by mail or whats-app. You must provide ID address proof of booking guest and Email-Id. You will receive bank details to deposit 50% booking advance amount and once your advance amount is received, you will get Dandeli trip confirmation voucher to your mail.
Q. What is your cancellation policy ?
Ans. 75 % amount of your total package will be Refund if you cancel before 48 hrs to your arrival, less than 48 hrs no refund is entertained. (For 100% booking amount payment only)
More about Dandeli Kingfisher :
Kingfisher Dandeli Resort is 7 km away from Dandeli nested in jungle place named Bamangi. Swimming pool and Lake adventure rope activities are available in our jungle Stay which gives you unlimited fun during your Stay. Wild life jungle safari is 5 km from resort Accommodation. Water activities 13 km from our jungle stay. Sight seeing places can be reached in maximum 20 min Drive.
Dandeli resorts also arrange for you to go for sightseeing where you can cover many tourist spots Dandakaranya park also known as Disney Park, Mouling Eco river Park, Crocodile Park, Supa Dam View, Magod Falls, Syntheri Falls, Sathod Falls, Jenu Kallu Gudda, Kavala Caves, Ulavi Caves, Skyes Point, Sathkhanda Water Falls, Diggi (birth of river Kali), Back Water, DoodhSagar Falls, Pansoli Elephant Camp, Tiger
Approved By Govt. Of Karnataka Tourism Department
GSTIN NO. 29AEPPD8610N1ZY
Mr. Suresh Dandgall
BAMANGI Sy. NO 63/1
MB: 8971957890 /9448223234
Email : email@example.com
©2012-2023 Dandeli Kingfisher Jungle Stay. All Rights Reserved.